Have you finally had enough and are ready to do something about the clutter? Item by item, the mess has built from month to month and year to year. If you’ve reached the boiling point, and are ready to take charge, and reclaim your garage, the following tips will help you get started.
1. First, set aside an entire day, maybe even an junk haulers sacramento entire weekend for a larger cleanup project. Get an early start. Commit to getting the job done once you’ve started.
2. Make an “organizational assessment” before getting started. Once you’ve purged unwanted items, is there a better way to organize things you want to keep? Would shelves help? Pegboards and hooks? Cabinets? Storage bins? Your local home supply store will have great storage products and suggestions. Buy these items and have them on hand and ready to go.
3. Before the big day, schedule a pickup from a local charity to pick up items that can be re-used. Are there other items in your house or basement that should be included with this pickup? Schedule this pickup for late in the day of your big clean up project.
4. Schedule a pickup from a junk removal company to haul away items that will be thrown away. Are there other items in your house or basement that should be included with this pickup? A quick online search for “junk removal” will give you a list of local companies to choose from. Again, schedule this pick up for late in the day.
5. A couple of handy items to have on hand include a cooler of water, a good supply of garbage bags and empty boxes to help with sorting and purging. And perhaps a few aspirin for the expected end of the day aches and pains after a day of decluttering.
6. Label the empty boxes to help with sorting. Suggested labels include Tools, Garden Supplies, Sports, Cleaning, Auto Supplies, Toys, Grill Supplies, Holiday, Donate, Junk.